We took stock of your comments on our MVP and started all the way over to deliver a better platform for you! It is The Cookout 2.0 and it is available for download on the App Store, the Play Store, and as a PWA (Progressive Web App) here.
We know that you have questions about the transition and how things will work from here on out, so here’s a quick FAQ about the transition.
1. Will I have to create a new password and login? Yes. 2.0 is a completely new platform. Active app members have been preapproved will be able to join and log right in. Inactive app members and non-app members will be forwarded to us for approval to the platform- which will only be granted by completing the application. The app is STILL invitation only and will forever be this way.
2. Do I have to verify all over again? If you are an active app member of the MVP who is verified, you will not have to verify all over again. We will be manually adding your verifications, one by one, which will take time. Be patient with us. Remember, there’s thousands of you and just three of us. If you join after the transition period is over (January 15th) , contact us and tell us to apply your verification if you were previously verified. We will check our records and update accordingly.
3. I got a message that said “invalid credentials”. Does this mean I’m not invited? You got a message that says “invalid credentials” because you tried to “log in” as opposed to “join”. Since you have not yet created credentials for 2.0, whatever you entered to try to log in is invalid. Create a new login. If you were pre-approved, you should be clear to register without being put in the pending users’ queue.
4. Some of the groups I want to join are gated, how do I join? Some app groups are gated because we are editing it’s privacy settings to make sure we can protect the sensitive information it will house. Some (like Entrepreneurs Only) will only be open to qualified app members. Others will be for verified members only. Some will be for premium members only. Gating access to groups is important for privacy, safety, and community quality. We will alert you when all groups are open.
5. I was an app member of the MVP but my account was deactivated due to inactivity. Can I join 2.0? Inactive members will be allowed to join the app just once more after being deactivated. Stay connected or stay on the platform you came from.
6. I invited a friend in-app, but they weren’t added automatically. The process of inviting a friend has not changed. We still need to be able to track who’s inviting who and tend when those people are extended invitations to the community. The invite function in the app allows your friend to pre-register, but only when you complete the appropriate form will they be approved.
7. I am an active app member, but when I tried to sign up, I was told I had to be approved. All active app members have been pre-approved and should be able to join without needing approval. If you are an active member and you’re being told you can’t join- it’s likely because you used an email that is different than the one you used for your 1.0 account. You have to use the SAME email we have on file.
Did we answer all of your questions? If not, shoot us a line in 2.0’s “Official Cookout News” group, or via the support form. Also, feel free to ask more questions there. As always, the best way to stay informed on app news and developments is to stay tuned in-app and via email.
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease, Kiki, Cassie, and Atiyya